Advertisements
you're reading...
Internet, Mobile Banking, Telecom Networks

Recharge your Starcomms Nigeria Modem from the comfort of your homes or offices

For a while now, Starcomms Nigeria Plc has made it possible for their Nigerian Internet Users to recharge their internet modems from the comfort of their homes, offices or wherever they may be, without needing to visit any of the Starcomms Offices.

Recharging our modems right from our comfort zone, has been made as simple as just loading our Starcomms line with the recharge card equivalent of your internet subscription fee and sending a customized message via text message to a certain short code.

This method of payment can be right termed as Payment via SMS and is as follows;

For Payment via SMS, load minimum balance required for renewal and simply text the following string *141*7021111111*1234# to 37938 (this is *offer code*data device number*PIN# and starcomms default pin is 1234). Note for an iZap (broadband) device you would need to include the 0 (Zero) before the number and for 1x (dial-up) there would be no 0 (Zero) used. Please find the pre-defined codes for each of the iZap and 1x subscription plans below;

For example, if you use an iZap (broadband) modem and your modem number is 07021111111 and you want to subscribe for the Night Rental plan, your text string would be *244*07021111111*1234# to 37938.

If you are using a 1x (dial-up) modem and your modem number is 07021111111 and you want to subscribe to the Night Rental plan, your text string would be *144*7021111111*1234# to 37938.

Easy!

*UPDATE: There is a new 50-hour Package.The 50-hour package on iZAP according to Starcomms, costs N3990 while the 1x component costs N2500. The service will last fourteen days before a customer can recharge again. Before now, the lowest data subscription hourly plan for Starcomms internet access was 100 hours. To make use of the 50-hour package, customers can recharge with their recharged Starcomms phones with the aid of recharge card and through Starcomms’ website. The code for iZAP 50-hour plan is 249. This means that all a customer needs to do is recharge their Starcomms phones up to N4,000 and send SMS (*249*data device number*1234#) to 37938.

Advertisements

About Eta Uso Jr

You won't be wrong in defining me as a combination of creativity, humility and discipline. People say I am Young, Smart and Incredibly Intelligent. An outstanding Electrical / Electronic Engineer with a Masters in Artificial Intelligence and Computing. Also possessing great passion for Information Technology and an ever active Delegate at the yearly GITEX Technology Week, Dubai, UAE - The Middle-East's most prestigious Information Technology event.

Discussion

157 thoughts on “Recharge your Starcomms Nigeria Modem from the comfort of your homes or offices

1. Hi Uso
    There is also a 50 hour plan the izap code is *249*Internet number*1234#

Regards
    Ken

Posted by kenneth | June 6, 2011, 9:50 am
  2. i brought a stacomms phome yesterday till now i can not make a call,what is matter?

Posted by nwogu | August 24, 2011, 3:13 pm
  3. Hi! Please I heard there is 50hrs subscription for #4,000, is it true, how do I subscribe that data plan, thanks
    look forward to ur kind and quick respose.

Posted by Arabella | September 22, 2011, 6:05 pm
    • Yes its true. The 50-hour package on iZAP according to Starcomms, costs N3990 while the 1x component costs N2500. The service will last fourteen days before a customer can recharge again. Before now, the lowest data subscription hourly plan for Starcomms internet access was 100 hours. To make use of the 50-hour package, customers can recharge with their recharged Starcomms phones with the aid of recharge card and through Starcomms’ website. The code for iZAP 50-hour plan is 249. This means that all a customer needs to do is recharge their Starcomms phones up to N4,000 and send SMS (*249*data device number*1234#) to 37938.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | September 22, 2011, 6:28 pm
  4. U mean the 50hrs subscription’s validity is for just 14 days?

Posted by Arabella | September 22, 2011, 7:33 pm
  5. For 1x, do u have a day plan as other network do.if yes, how much and code to be used to migrate

Posted by Do u have a day plan like other network.if yes what code to be use and much is it on 1x | October 6, 2011, 2:47 pm
  6. You keep talking about loading,where exactly do we load,any phone? You know the number is not attached to any phone.

Posted by Chukwudi | October 23, 2011, 9:09 pm
  7. pls i got a izap@star from a friend and i dont hv starcomms phone can i subcribe with any starcomms phone and how do subcribe for =N=250

Posted by chilex | October 25, 2011, 10:51 am
  8. pls i got an izap@star from a friend and i dont hv starcomms phone, can i subcribe with any starcomms phone and how can i subcribe for =N=250

Posted by chilex | October 25, 2011, 10:56 am
  9. I use a starcomms Izap modem 100 hours and i will like to know the hours remaining on the modem before it expires.

Please i need an urgent responds

Thanks

Posted by topson | November 8, 2011, 10:54 pm
  10. I just got a starcomms modem frm sum1 and i want to know how to load it with 100hrs and d expiry date.

Posted by Jamie | November 13, 2011, 4:33 pm
    • Load the value of the subscription you intend to subscribe to. For 100 hours, you will load N6,500 worth of Starcomms recharge card on a Staromms phone and then text *244*Modem Number*1234# to 37938

To check expiry date, text your modem number to 37937

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | November 13, 2011, 4:37 pm
      • Pls can I recharge my monthly subscription on an other network line phones ?.? airtel, MTN…. Through text SMS. If so, send me the way to go about it

Posted by Demola | February 19, 2012, 11:55 am
      • I keep trying to do the 100hrs with the steps shown but its still not working

Posted by moyo1 | July 7, 2012, 6:18 pm
      • It can’t but work. Follow each step attentively.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | July 7, 2012, 11:01 pm
  11. Pls just want to know if the CDMA modems are better than the GSM modems? Which is more efficient in terms of money and better service? Thanks

Posted by Oyin | November 17, 2011, 7:31 am
  12. Please how do i check the balance for my Izap?

Posted by Peter | January 5, 2012, 9:19 am
  13. how can i load 50hours plan

Posted by hilson | January 27, 2012, 11:18 am
  14. I want to buy a starcomms izap and I want to know much a new one will cost …and what are the data plans

Posted by prince | February 7, 2012, 10:51 am
  15. Wic is muc beta a 1x or izap.i av a 1x bt dnt knw aw to mak it browse,pls help me out

Posted by Mike | February 7, 2012, 11:22 am
  16. Pls I needed the codes and prices for all the plans for 1x and IZap so I can make choice, pls also of the N1500 mid-night 12.30am – 4.30am browsing. What is starcomms customer care number?

Posted by JUST KING | February 7, 2012, 7:45 pm
  17. Good Morning, please how do i get to recharge my izap modem with the recharge card i bought, cos i’m not seeing any portal for recharging…… please i need your response immediately.
    thanks

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012, 9:22 am
  18. how do i know the modem no?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2012, 12:56 pm
  19. A friend of me now uses spectranet, so he gave me his staccom IZAP…PLS HOW DO I KNOW THE modem no?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2012, 1:31 pm
  20. Since monday the 19th of march 2012, my internet service went off and I am not owing. My devicc number is 08191505061. Pls help fast.

Posted by prisca | March 21, 2012, 9:07 am
  21. Abeg i fit use starcomms line on my easyblaze modem?

Posted by Penhand | March 28, 2012, 9:52 am
  22. how much is the renewal for 24hrs plan on iZap Code Plan and how do i go about renewal via sms. thank you

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012, 4:40 pm
  23. is the 50hour plan on 24/7

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012, 4:45 pm
  24. Hello guy, i have one internet modern that i have dump for more than two years and i want to use it now! so pls can i pay on it and start using it back. thanks

Posted by Gabriel Akins | March 29, 2012, 8:07 pm
  25. How do I subscribe for the 1500 midnight browsing. I’ve an 1x, on my laptop. I want to recharge from home. Send me step by step plz. I’v a Starcomms phone.

Posted by Neo | April 6, 2012, 11:28 pm
  26. Thank you. Very useful. It is such a shame that this vital information is not even on Starcomms Website!

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2012, 7:54 am
  27. Hi, how can I change plan? I bought starcomms 6500 recharge card on friday for hundred hours plan but I mistakely send the code of night browsing.. Pls. How can I change it to hundred hour plan??

Posted by michael | April 15, 2012, 5:31 am
  28. Pls hw do i retrieve my izap modem number to enable me recharge. I have long left and want to get back using it. Ur quick reponse is higly appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous | April 20, 2012, 3:51 pm
  29. I would love to be a distributors of starcomms. How would I go about it. And what are the necessary things I need and the right people I would meet.

Posted by ibe christiana ebere | April 20, 2012, 5:23 pm
  30. Pls, how can i check bundle balance without a starcomms phone.

Posted by Ay | April 23, 2012, 12:00 pm
  31. Hello… is there a way i can renew my internet connection by paying online with my ATM debit card?

Posted by Ik | April 25, 2012, 9:11 am
  32. I just got d CDMA modem from my brother and I’ve not been able to use..it’s states “drive not install”, pls help me.Tanks.

Posted by olawunmi | April 27, 2012, 2:49 am
  33. bor. great work your doing on here, a friend gave me a modem , so unknowingly, i bought recharge cards worth of the 50 hrs browsing airtime. i dont have a starcumms phone to load with , how do I go about that as I dont want the cards to be wasted.

Posted by Mytee | May 3, 2012, 10:25 am
  34. please i stopped using my starcomms modem since November 2011 please will still work if i Recharge it or have it been blocked

Posted by franca | June 5, 2012, 11:56 am
  35. Hi Uso,
    Please, how do i recharge my starcomms modem from the internet.Its been a while i used it and I don’t have a starcoms phone to do such.

Posted by Tex | June 15, 2012, 7:34 am
    • The internet system I checked didn’t work the last time I tried paying on the internet via Starcomms website. I would advice you get someone that has a phone and use it to pay or you pay at the bank or Starcomms office.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | June 16, 2012, 8:52 pm
  36. Hi i dont have a starcomms phone, could i put the sim into any other phone, and load the credit to have access…please i need this information because it is totally not convenient for me to leave my office now to locate a starcomms office.

Posted by yona | June 29, 2012, 11:08 am
    • You cannot use Starcomm sims in any other type of phone aside from Starcomm phones. If you dont have a Starcomms phone and you do not have anyone you can borrow from to recharge and load your modem, you can as well pay via internet banking if you bank with GTB or you can pay using your ATM on Starcomms website.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | June 30, 2012, 5:31 am
  37. Hello there. Plz I need help. I have recharged 5000 on my starcomms phone and sent *144*my izap number without zero in front*1234# and sent it to 37938 bt the message I keep getting on my phone is that my number does not have a valid data service that I should call a certain munber for help. Plz I need a very urgent response as to what to do. Thankz

Posted by Pappyjide | July 8, 2012, 7:33 am
    • Please have you used this line of yours to browse before? I am asking this as I suspect that your line is not an internet-enabled line but rather a normal starcomms line meant for only phone calls.

Secondly, you said above that you inputed your iZap number, therefore, following your statement, it means that you have an iZap modem and therefore the correct code you are to use for the N5000 subscription is *244* and you would also need to add the zero infront of your data number. The format you used based on your description above was for Dialup of which would not work in recharging an iZap modem.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | July 8, 2012, 7:45 am
  38. hi dear, am a bit confused, for sometimes now i ved not rechard my izap stuff and i want to know know whether it is still active. i love ur newk. kindly intimate me as soos as possible.

Posted by james wilson | July 20, 2012, 7:45 am
  39. Pls,is the 50hrs plan unlimited?

Posted by Frezhkid | July 23, 2012, 10:45 am
  40. What is d cost for your router modem, I need it for my dvr, so as to access my cctv cameras thru my phone.
    Regards

Posted by macaulay frank ene | July 29, 2012, 2:26 pm
  41. is it true that there is N1500 mid-night 12.30am – 4.30am browsing starcomms izap ??? thanks…

Posted by demo ganny | July 30, 2012, 4:55 pm
  42. Hello Uso, well done for the gud job u ‘re doing. pls how can i check my 1x modem balance? Tried sending my modem no to 37937 with a starcomms phone but got no reply. is it possible I do this using any other network? thanks.

Posted by Mimi | August 3, 2012, 9:30 pm
  43. Hi,if i don’t have a starcomms phone and i can’t go to starcomms shop.what other way can i make payment .

Posted by Titilayo | August 7, 2012, 4:06 pm
  44. please, eta i want to know whether starcomms izap is faster than mtn’s 3G internet service and if starcomms izap is available in Enugu

Posted by raymond | August 8, 2012, 12:57 pm
  45. but is starcomms izap available in enugu?. Cos its like a very good internet service provider.

Posted by raymond | August 9, 2012, 2:46 pm
  46. please can i recharge my starcomms modem i used it once since then i have not use it and back now can it be open by going to nearby phone operator and send as discribe in your reply to other people or i have to look for their office near by before recharge or used it pls advice

Posted by Olaitan Oluwole | August 16, 2012, 1:42 pm
  47. Please what’s the code for 50hrs for dial up modem?

Posted by koleosho kikelomo | September 17, 2012, 10:05 pm
  48. Please what is the code for 50hr plan for 1x dial up?thanks

Posted by koleosho kikelomo | September 17, 2012, 10:17 pm
  49. Hi, I enjoyed ur chatting with the puplic. Good of u. Kindly confirm to me now if izap subscription for 250hrs is valid for 3 month. Secondly, this entry *243* data device number*1234# text to 37938 is ok. Can I use other network service to send text to 37938. If not, pls provide alternative.

Posted by David K Oluwagbile | September 18, 2012, 10:43 pm
    • Yes it is still valid for three months. *243* data device number*1234# text to 37938 is still very ok and you cannot use another network to send text to 37938 but you can use another network to check your validity by texting your modem number to 07028037937

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | September 20, 2012, 2:55 pm
      • Good support, please! Please! what is the code for 50hr plan for 1x dial up and what’s d amount I should load?thanks

Posted by ems | October 12, 2012, 5:01 pm
  50. how can i find out my izap modem number?

Posted by elijah | September 29, 2012, 10:13 am
  51. Pls I just want to know if my izap modem will still b working after over one year of unused. Thanks

Posted by Daisi | October 2, 2012, 4:05 pm
  52. I use starcomms iZap Modem.
    It has refused to connect for the past 5 days now and I do not have starcomms phone to call customer care.
    What do I do???

Posted by Provi | October 8, 2012, 7:45 am
  53. Is there a daily subscription in Starccomm data services?

Posted by Lizzy | October 17, 2012, 2:46 pm
  54. Pls Is there Starcomms daily data subscription?

Posted by Lizzy | October 19, 2012, 4:18 pm
  55. I got an izap modem from a friend. i wnt 2 knw hw i can subscribe for 1500 mid-night browsing. i need 2 know d code & proceedure 4 subscription. wats d exact duration of d browsing. pls, i need d reply urgently.

Posted by Jasper | November 10, 2012, 9:00 am
    • Bravo please I have a starcooms phone and I want to knw the code for checking Acct balance and d code for calling customer care..I dialed *123 and it kips telling me tat my prepaid wema card is invalid.how do I also no my starcomms moderm number from my starcomms pack..cnt locate it. regards

Posted by zinny | November 16, 2012, 3:04 am
      • *225# checks account balance. *121 is for Customer Care. Check your pack, you should see a number starting with 070 (could be different in certain cases), but then that’s your phone number.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | November 22, 2012, 8:05 am
  56. Does starcom have mobile internet plan? If yes, how can one subscribe using the phone?

Posted by BabaT | February 23, 2013, 4:54 pm
  57. I NEED 1 DAY DATA PLAN

Posted by Ayodele Odunbaku | February 26, 2013, 10:32 am
  58. Please į̸s there a 50 hour plan for 1x? If Ɣε̲̣̣§ pls what į̸s Ŧђe̶̲̥̅̊ code?
    ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣.

Posted by Ogunro | February 27, 2013, 9:04 am
  59. i bought a Xcomms modem, hw wil i subscribe 2ru anoda line

Posted by Anonymous | April 24, 2013, 7:25 pm
  60. I bought a xcomms modem bt i dnt av a xcomms fone..hw Wil i Subscribe?

Posted by Lekan | April 25, 2013, 6:51 am
  61. Pls,hw wil i subscribe 2 my modem with 250naira

Posted by Lekan | April 25, 2013, 9:53 am
  62. Thanks for the info. But is it possible to send the code through any other phone apart from a starcomms phone. My starcomms phone was stolen. Can I use my mtn sim to send the code?

Posted by Tosin | May 12, 2013, 10:02 am
  63. mr uso is that 6500 the current pries
    for izap 100 hours

Posted by david | May 22, 2013, 2:06 pm
  64. i have airtime on my starcomms desk phone and i want to transfer the airtime to my starcomms modem. How do i go about it?

Posted by ada | May 30, 2013, 2:55 pm
  65. How do i bring out the sim in my starcomms izap?

Posted by ada | May 30, 2013, 3:08 pm
  66. Its been a long time I have use my izap mode I think they can’t block it yet

Posted by ajibola | June 17, 2013, 9:32 pm
    • It is not blocked, even if you haven’t used it for the past 5 years.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | June 19, 2013, 9:05 am
      • its been almost 2 yrs since i used my izap modem, i want to know how i can go about reacrivating it, i lost my starcomms phone so recharging via phone would be difficult, i stay at iyana ipaja, is there any office nearby i could.get assistance from or perhaps you? and how effecient & reliable is the service now?

Posted by ibro | September 25, 2013, 11:02 pm
      • Just get a Starcomms phone and reload your modem and you are good to go. No reactivation needed

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | October 15, 2013, 9:12 am
      • Pls. Kindly help out my Izap has been bringing network since 2months ago. ♓☺w can I fix it.
        Also is Starcoms network very fast in Maya in Ijebu Ode Rd. Ikorodu? Am xpecting ur reply. Thanks

Posted by Shesson | October 9, 2013, 8:47 pm
      • Pls. Kindly help out my Izap has not been showing network since 2months ago. ♓☺w can I fix it.

Posted by Shesson | October 9, 2013, 8:50 pm
      • I think Starcomms may be having network issues in your area.

Posted by Eta Uso Jr | October 15, 2013, 9:07 am
  67. hi Eta Uso Jnr.
    Good morning. please how do i recharge without the number i was given at stardoms office? i use

Posted by Engee Onuchukwu | September 7, 2013, 11:10 am
  68. i use starcomms iZap modem and needs to recharge right away. where do i recharge? must one go to a starcomms office to recharge the modem?

Posted by Engee Onuchukwu | September 7, 2013, 11:13 am
  69. I have a starcomes moderm. But It does’nt have a space where i can slot simcard. How can i subscribe for internet plan???

Posted by Luckysoft | September 29, 2013, 8:00 pm
  70. Hi Am Lucky.
    I have a starcom moderm but it does’nt have a place where i can slot simcard into it. How can i subscribe it??

Posted by Luckysoft | September 29, 2013, 8:04 pm
  71. i don’t have a starcomms phone and want to recharge my starcomms modem. what will i do

Posted by funmi | March 4, 2014, 6:56 am
  72. there should be an alternative in loading starcomms modem instead of a phone.

Posted by funmi | March 4, 2014, 7:07 am
  73. Have been looking for someone that has a starcomms phone and couldn’t get one.

Posted by funmi | March 4, 2014, 9:31 am
  74. Generally I don’t read post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so!
    Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, very
    nice article.

Posted by advanced auto coupons | March 23, 2014, 3:14 pm
  75. I would like to know much do starcomms modem cost and how fast is it

Posted by Chinedu | May 14, 2014, 8:56 pm
  76. Pls I like to knw if starcomms in benin Edo state is still working, n were can I fny dere office, how much is their modem.

Posted by Brilliant | June 12, 2014, 11:40 pm
  77. Pls I like to knw if starcomms in benin Edo state is still working, n were can I fny dere office, how much is their modem..

Posted by Brilliant | June 12, 2014, 11:41 pm
  78. pls how do i convert a starcomms recharged card worth of 20,000 to data plan(megg)or to register as a stacomms’ subscriber.

Posted by hayzed | June 18, 2014, 1:40 pm
  79. When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the plan of a user in his/her mind that how a user can be aware of it.

Thus that’s why this piece of writing is outstdanding. Thanks!

Posted by make my blog | August 26, 2014, 9:41 pm
  80. is starcomms still i existance

Posted by Anonymous | September 4, 2015, 5:51 pm
  81. Good morning Uso,
    Pls i have not used my starcomms 1x table phone (Desktop phone) for 4yrs now, can i still continue using Data with it on the Network like before? My number starts with 01-7414***, Thanx God bless you!

Posted by Jackson Michael | December 28, 2015, 11:15 am
  82. Good morning Uso,
    Pls i also wanna know if starcomms is still active in Nigeria Thanx!

Posted by Anonymous | December 28, 2015, 11:28 am